View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 09:25 PM
JBabey
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoHippie
Anyone know how I can get my beloved little speed dial button back on the dialpad?
I'm not sure how to exactly do it, but I know that some of the other ROMs and Kitchens have this fix implemented.

JBabey - not sure if you want to implement this, but I think a bunch of users would like this. I think the kitchen "HELMI_Apache_3.5_KITCHEN_PPC-GEEKS_r1.2-pre2" has this fix implemented.[/u]
i am using the pre2.... lemme grab the zip from the FTP, and compare it with my OEM folder, maybe i moved it out of there when i was troubleshooting some dirty little applications.

Quote:
Re: UPX (your stated goal), make sure that you get the latest beta version of UPX (2.92, I believe). Also, make sure that you use LZMA compression algorithm; files become even smaller. I have been able to UPX a TON of files (mostly .exe's, though some notable .dlls (voice command, flash)) to save a lot of space (over 3.4 MBs) in the ROM. And, I am still experimenting.
Fantastic! thanks for the info, ill start up on that next week (gonna be out of town all weekend) and ill post my results, if i can get more room in the rom, we can stuff more crap in there!

I heard the execution rate of programs is faster as well, i would think that decompressing a file would make it take longer to load. Either way, there are a lot of programs that can be squeezed down (like games). And if you guys havent noticed im a huge retro-gamer.