View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 01:39 AM
pringlet
PPCGeeks Regular

pringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pringlet
Re: An Open Letter to HTC

I agree with your letter Mark.

The issue seems to be the entire Windows OS / third party hardware vendor paradigm. Neither the hardware manufacturer HTC nor the OS provider MS have much control over each other and obviously there are gaps in between. The phone may have all this promised functionality but the code isn't there to put it to use. If it does arrive it's buggy or late to market.

The thing that gets me is all of the inconsistency and incompatibility just in MS products alone. For example, a simple HTML email containing one URL sent from desktop Outlook gets trashed and displays incorrectly in pocket Outlook. Things like Hotmail's website don't work at all with pocket IE. Try going there. It tells you to go download Internet Explorer or Safari. If you go to gmail on your mobile it's aware that you're using a mobile browser and customizes your experience.

The only people making my HTC Titan useable and tolerable are the ROM creators and third party software providers.

[pt]