View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 11:48 PM
PPCCHIEF33
Lurker

PPCCHIEF33 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Playing music from Mogul thru Cars Bluetooth? Possible?

In my wifes car (pt cruiser) she cant use bluetooth so i rigged her up a way to play music from her mogul. She also has a tape deck which is pretty useless but in this case is how we got it too work.
I took one of those tape deck to cd player cords (u know the one that goes into the tape deck and then ends in a 3.5 mm jack.[i think thats the right measurement]) Then I got one of the cords that come with the lg musiq or any phone that basically would enable you to use regualr headphones (3.5 mm jack) to your phone.[ I think sanyo has one also. I work for sprint so there were like a couple laying around but they are inexpensive if not free if you go into a repair center they might have one extra lying around. Or You can try online i cant see anyone spending more than 3 bucks on it] Then i used the splitter cord that comes with the mogul that hooks up the phone to use either USB or head phone then connected the dots. The cord from the tape deck to the lg phone cord that cord into the splitter cord that comes with the mogul and....VOILA instant car tunes. I know this is an old school kind of thing to do and it may sound complicated but its actually super easy. She also has a mount for her phone you can get at best buy which comes in handy for GPS in the car and or watching sprint tv in the car or youtube...etc I always joke with people when were int he car about the fact that people have spent like hundreds on car stereos and such but shes one of the few I know that spent less than 5 dollars (for the tape deck cord) and can watch youtube in the car...lol anyway any questions pm me i can try explaining it further.