View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 08:07 PM
JBabey
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134
Hey JBabey,
I am running your rom and my phone did not update the time, but I think it was because in my phone settings, I had time syncronization unchecked, and I had not synced with any computer for a few days.

Also, I see you don't have "midlet manager". to run Java programs.
And don't think you have flashplayer because when I run the "iphoneLock" program, it asks for it.

Just a suggestion, no prob either way.

Midlet manager is HUGE and i actually dont have room in the ROM for it, i have also found it to be highly unstable, it crashes on me constantly and gives me script errors in most of the cool java applications i have. I can post up the most recent (v11) if you want to install it, but integration would make me feel dirty, and i would have to sacrafice almost 4 megs of other applications to squeeze it in there. It also runs off a storage card fine (even without installing it) so its necesity to be in the rom is minimal.

if you dont mind me asking, wich application do you use the midlet manager with, there are a lot of alternative applications that dont require the midlet and function a wee bit faster & more stable. The googlemaps have an actual wm5 application you can use now, WindowsLIVE covers a lot of the older functions i used to use a java application for, and most of the great java games now have wm5 releases.

anyways, lemme know your app, i may be able to integrate or find you a suitable alternative.

Quote:
Sorry to be a pain. I was trying to locate the keypad files in the oen_kitchen on the ppcgeeks ftp site without success? Am I looking in the wrong place?
MG

the kitchen is a zip file haha PM me and ill shoot you the defaults if you really hate my koopa-troopa that much

Quote:
Anyone have any issues with phone alarm locking up or when you make a call and it just says dailing and won't go through?(soft reset to fix) Also when I press the voicemail button on phonealarm the last number I called comes up not my voicemail...set up issue or do I just need to hold down the 1 key??

Time not updating

i havent had any issues at all w/ the 1.6b version of phonealarm. remember in the settings that you HAVE TO SET your phone number up in the box that says "voicemail".

the dialing issue and not going through..... that sounds like a much deeper problem. you may need a radio ROM update, and i am unable to give you information on that. i would suggest grabbing the latest sprint/verizon ROM upgrade, and grab JUST THE radio nbf flash file, and flash just your radio.

I am not wholly opposed to implementing the MS DST fix, ill put that on my todo list, is there a link or cab someone can post so i dont have to dig, im feeling uber lazy rt now. and next release 9.4 will include the dst fix.