PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

romeroom is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New to PPC and xv6700

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
What? A phone club? A PPC club? Uh........not trying to be mean but that doesnt sounds like a chick magnet to me. Especially with a device that has as many years on it as the 67
I love this forum. You guys are a lot of fun.

As long as we're straying away from the original intent of my post, and as long as we're all trying to do anything else but work,

1. How old is the 67 anyway?

2. Is the 68 more of a "chick magnet"? Even with the 67 having that firm little antenna bud erecting from the top of the unit which seems to have been castrated from the 68? (For those of you girls/women out there reading this, no offense whatsoever intended. Just having a little fun with words. I'm a guy, and as you well know, guys can be totally stupid and immature with words sometimes.)

3. How many of you would trade the 67 for the 68 in a heartbeat and why? (I'm sure that question alone may prompt some of you to send me a T-shirt that says, "this moron sure knows nothing about ppc phones")

4. I love trying to make aging equipment perform as good or better as new "out of the box" stuff. I have a Pentium III 600MZ computer, W2k, 768RAM tweaked so well that with most routines, it will beat the pants off my other P4 2.2GHZ XP 512RAM. Are there any of you out there that have configured/overclocked your 67 so well that it matches or exceeds the performance of an "out of the box" 68?

5. "Chick magnet?!" Haaaa! I'm a 47 year old, happily married man, father of 5 (most of which--happily--still living under my roof; all great kids, don't look forward to any leaving home), 70 pounds overweight. Anything intentional on my part in an attempt to become a "chick magnet" would probably land my wife on the floor--fully clothed--rolling in laughter. (None of this is in any way related to the first sentence in item 4 above, so don't read too much into it, OK? Unless of course, you just want to have a little clean fun...with words.)

TO FORUM MODERATOR/ADMINISTRATOR: Thanks for allowing my thread to live beyond the first post. (Much unlike PDAPhoneHome; though I did leave there with on-going PMs from a very helpful individual. Not badmouthing PDAPhoneHome at all, since I understand the benefit of keeping forums neat and clean and void of duplicate threads and the administrator did offer to help with specific questions I may have.)