RTW590 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPC_N00B View Post
Written by Tiermann
Sunday, 23 March 2008 00:33

The latest installer can always be downloaded at http://ppckitchen.org/downloads/buildos.msi.
1) Download and run the installer.

2) Install to the default location.

3) After installation you should run the Updater found at Start->Programs->PPCKitchen->Updater.

4) Install all updates related to BuildOS and your device. This step is important because the BuildOS installer does not contain a kitchen for any devices. They are all obtained through the Updater.

5) Now you're ready to run BuildOS. Start->Programs->PPCKitchen->BuildOS.

6) You will be greeted with a login screen. If you have a PPCGeeks username, enter it with a new password. If you don't have a PPCGeeks username, enter the name you usually use for chat or email with a new password.

7) Next you will see a dialog box asking you for a project file. Choose the one for your device.

BuildOS will now open the main window and you can begin choosing your options.

9) When you're done selecting the items you'd like in your ROM, press the play button and wait for the build to complete.

10) Now follow the onscreen instructions to flash the ROM to your device.

Last Updated ( Wednesday, 21 May 2008 18:57 )
Thanks so much I got all of that working, but now there is a new problem... I connect the phone to the computer via USB and activesync is connected and then I start to update the ROM and then the progress bar comes up... I hear the windows sound to say a USB has been unplugged and the activesync shuts off (which I think is the way it always works for installs though right?) and then after a little bit an error message comes up and the install says that it dosent think the device is connected and to check if it is plugged in when I know it still is. I have tried it three times anyone know what I need to do?