PPCGeeks Regular

elmariachi is keeping up the good workelmariachi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone using iGO 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vluzhko View Post
Hi
I just installed iGo8 on my Touch. Ev everything works OK except iGo does not keep phone alive.
If there is something going on and iGo needs to takl then eveything is ok as it lights the screen. But when I go to highway and have to drive 15 km or so it will switch to 2D mode and simply stay silent. In 1-2 min (depending on phone settings) my phone is turned off. At this point GPS is turned off also (do not know why) and iGO lost gps and cannot reconnect when I turn my phone ON again. I have to exit and run iGO again.

I used to use TomTom with Bluetooth GPS and tomtom was keeping phone alive all the time.

Does anybody know how to tell iGo not to turn off the device?

thanks
Try AstroGPS launcher from the link above. In the XDA thread the developer talks about how its set to keep the backlight on, and the GPS wont time out. Plus it primers IGO in one click. Dont know if that will fix everything for you, but its a start, works great for me. Also, I believe there is an auto zoom feature you can enable/disable in iGO, that should be whats switching you to 2D mode, its kind of a route overview if you will. I disabled it on mine, I like the perspective view all the time.