View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 07:33 PM
luv2chill
Retired Staff

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Are you able to create a PAN server with the XP desktop? I think once you've reached that point, you should be able to detect the PAN service coming from the 6700.
It's my understanding (mainly from reading Menneisyys' writeup here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=282780) that AKU 3 PAN is server-only, which jibes with the registry settings in your cab file--where PAN is in NAP (network access point) mode.

Furthermore, from what I have read about the MS BT Stack in XP SP2, it is only capable of acting as a PAN client.

So it should work then, with the 6700 establishing a PAN NAP and the PC connecting to it as a client.

It's just that the PC never sees the 6700 as a PAN-device (and yes I had already established the connection under Internet Sharing... the 6700 will only advertise PAN with Internet Sharing enabled).

I'm convinced this is possible and that we're just missing something somewhere.