View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 03:30 PM
JBabey
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by takmsdsm
Couple suggestions...

1. Replace Calender+ with TodayAgenda. It loads faster, plus shows tasks as well.

2. Add HTC X-Button. This is a native HTC program that allows you to really close a program instead of minimize. No extra program to run in background. with that, you can remove HandySwitcher.

edit: looks like you also missed the PhoneSetting_HelpFile.cab in the extended rom for sprint. This is the cab that installs/enables the clear vm option in the Phone app.

edit2: The messaging folder doesnt need to be in Program files, that can be deleted.

edit3: Flash 7 doesnt work. had to install it manually for it to work
Thanks for the feedback, i actually dont like the HTC-X button as much as I enjoy handyswitcher because there are a lot of apps i like to leave minimized.

ill look into getting the phonesetting_helpfile.cab into the next revision, thanks for finding that for me

the messaging folder does need to be there, its kinda lame but when its not the messaging program takes longer to load for some reason ><

and regarding todayagenda... i like the way cal+ formats stuff better, I dont use tasks at all either so it wasnt something i thought of. Ill look into how much room it takes up in the ROM and mbe ill have a link to it for those that prefer it over the other, lets see how much feedback we get to have both in there.

regarding flash7.... YA, i freakin noticed that! when i went into the OEM folder ( i didnt make this OEM) it still has the stupid setup dll file in there and it never unpacks itself and makes the other reg entries and files. Im not sure how to force it to unpack, but i have a little trick to figure out the changes its making so ill work on getting that done properly for the next revision

*whew* hope thats everything! ill go update my TO DO list on the front page