View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 07:38 AM
zeebob
Lurker

zeebob is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Telecom NZ - Upgrade Issues (and fixs)

1) How long did it take?
Gave in on Monday, Picked up Friday. I've just re-read my repair doco, it says "This device has custom firmware on it and is not supported by Telecom so device has not been re-flashed" This is weird because i still have same ESN and stuff, same firmware the way i left it but my HDR Auth had been restored. Weird?

2) When you got device back it still had wm6.1 on it? So you did not need to reflash it to get GPS working etc
It had dharvey4651's Custom ROM still on it which is the way i gave it to them. I didn't even try the GPS or internet when i got it back. The first thing i did after turning on was check the EPST menu and jumped for joy when i say my HDR UN/PWD (the guy in the store thought i was weird). Wrote the details down and re-flashed from 2.1 to 3.0 for dharvey's ROM straight away!

3) Where abouts did you take it in to get flashed eg Orb store etc
I went to Leading Edge.

I've spoken to a few colleagues at work and one of them has had an idea on how the UN/PWD are generated so i'll get right back if it works

I wish you all the best!
(+ if you have mobile insurance i would reccommend "loosing your phone" for a day (make sure you switch it off!), call Telecom after 12 hours and have the number and cell blocked. Then call the insurance guys and tell them you want to claim and you will get a new one.

My mate did it same time as me