View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 09:20 AM
slypher
VIP Member

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcjbl
The new verizon rom... the MMS still doesn't work all that well.... infact it was rather cumbersome to get around the loaded SMS software... what would make this rom 100% for verizon would be to remove the current loaded SMS program all together and just use the arcsoft as the only install mms/text messaging software. Also, I was experiencing lockup issues with this rom where I would go to answer a call and it froze on me on 2 occasions. I have flashed back to the verizon oem rom and so far it is 100% working which is wierd.... they seem to have updated it as I have large wireless sync icons on my today screen which I have never had before.
Ya, i actually think most of the MMS issues are from the sms threading. ill dig around in the reg file and see what i can come up with.

your also the very first person to report locking up... I havent had my phone lock up on me even once. Ill remove the SMS from the VZ build, and those that want it can use a cab file i suppose, let me know if that works once I get the new builds up please

thank you
I noticed lockusps too. I figured out that the lock ups would happen when the program memory went really low, i only had 14.35MB free with nothing running (according to handyswitcher).

So i backed down the glyphcache and file cache to 32768 and 4096 respectively. This gives me 24MB of program memory free and stopped the lockups instantly.

Just for some more backround on the lockups, they began while i was at work in the middle of the day. I did not install any programs beyond whats in there already. So there are no other factors that could have caused the lockups from what i can think of.

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!