View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 01:57 AM
shaggylive
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Female USB to Male Mini-USB Adaptor for Mogul

no, it will more than likely NOT work. that being said, what your wanting to do has only become a reality recently, the industry has named this usb On-The-Go (OTG)

the problem is that both phones and usb drives are usb "clients", and need to connect to a "host". there are a few pda's and mp3 players that have this OTG technology where it can act as a host to the client drive.

I am assuming there are hardware requirements to do this as well as drivers.

No.1 reason this won't work = usb drives need 5vdc, and I don't think the phones can do this.

edit; doubt that adapter would work as if this were to be possible you would definitely need to swap the send/receive signal... serial I/O 101

edit2... wonders if the diamond will be usb-OTG capable as it doesn't have a card slot.

Last edited by shaggylive; 06-27-2008 at 02:01 AM.