View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 06:50 PM
etski
Regular 'Geeker

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Re: NEW official Sprint ROM posted on XDA-dev by DCD

First off all, thanks. I've been waiting for this update for a long time and it's pretty amazing I got it here and not from Sprint or HTC. Guess they think you guys are the best beta site. Props to all. It went pretty smoothly, patience is a virtue. GPS works great, not quite sure yet about rev a, freezes, bluetooth, storage card, etc. Seems like some locations changed, like call log, text files, etc.

I didn't have the patience to read over 50 pages of threads, so I guess I really am to blame for setting everything up then reading and realizing that there's no better time for a hard reset than after you burn a rom. It definitely can't hurt at that point and it seems like it could definitely help. It does make me ask though, can someone suggest the best procedure for backing up prior to a hard reset. Seems like there's a lot of info about not restoring using various utilities after a new rom, so basically I would like a list of locations for stuff that gets wiped out with rom burns or hard resets. I use outlook and activesync, so contacts are not a problem (although I do copy my pim file as a precaution). I do find activesync sometimes deletes the folder on my PC where I sync my files, very annoying. Any insight into this would also help.

My main concerns are

Email account setup info
call logs
text messages
Voicetag file(s)
cube configuration files
settings (I know this one is probably not a single file)
anything else you would definitely backup and restore after reset.

Thanx again, you guys really know your stuff!! So far I'm loving my touch again and glad I didn't rush and trade it in for an Instinct. It looks like that one is really a closed system with limitations, but sometimes simple is better.