hideffer
PPCGeeks Regular

hideffer is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NEW official Sprint ROM posted on XDA-dev by DCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
dont use a backup on a new ROM, it will overwrite registry entries and system files with the old

I think the above quote is generally good advice but just to experiment a bit, after upgrading
from the leaked Sprint test ROM to the official Sprint ROM, I tried restoring using the "ROM
upgrade" mode of SPB Backup 2.0 with great results. All my installed programs, tweaks, etc.
restored fine. I may find some items which may need reinstalling but I'm very pleased with
the result. After the ROM upgrade, I reinstalled SPB Backup to my microSD card and used the
backup that was on it.

Regarding overwriting registry settings, one registry
setting,"HKLM/Comm/InternetSharing/Settings/ForceCellConnection/Phone as Modem" was
untouched after the restore and I had to manually change it to "Sprint PCS" as recommended.

In light of this, my recommendation would be to try a restore if there is a "ROM Upgrade"
feature to your favorite backup program and if it doesn't work out, you can always hard reset
and install and tweak manually. So far it has saved me days/weeks of installing and tweaking
my Touch.
This post has been thanked 1 times.