View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 01:44 AM
sd_matto
PPCGeeks Regular

sd_matto is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Update for new "Official" Sprint 6.1 Shipped (and DCD 3.2.0 variant thereof)

So I installed this according to TalynOne's instructions on the new Sprint 6.1 ROM that DCD posted today (and also on DCD's 3.2.0 kitchen build).

Then, I ran speed tests using different internet connection means (i.e., Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) and Wireless Modem). I also used PAM on a Sanyo Pro 700 as a baseline. For each one, I ran 3 tests (and took average) off of dslreports.com/stest (flash based - same server). D = download speed, U = upload speed.

The PAM (Sanyo Pro 700) won hands down: 740 D, 400 U, 111 ms latency

Having said that, the Mogul was not far behind in at least one of the tests:
With ICS: 625 D, 220 U, 131 ms latency
With WModem: 375 D, 345 U, 129 ms latency

As the test results show, there is something that is slowing Wireless Modem app down. Clearly, ICS is faster on the download.

Any chance Wireless Modem needs to be tweaked/updated for the latest 6.1 ROM? If so, please advise how.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Never mind. Once I installed TalynOne's v.2 cab (post 108 ) on top of my manual install, everything is now working fine. I think that there is something that slows things down in the BT_DUN implementation in the new ROM (the one thing I did not install, cuz I thought it was baked into ROM) that is corrected in the cab. Thanks, TalynOne

Last edited by sd_matto; 06-25-2008 at 03:05 AM.