opsguy
Lurker

opsguy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel rom help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by ervin21 View Post
ugh I'm so frustrated and I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to return it to the seller... I have tried the kitchen rom and the first time I went down and selected certain things and it did not work on standard because of a country id error. I had everything set to alltel.... next i tried noid and this worked with no problems until i tried to activate the phone... still *228 did not work and ##000000 didn't do anything... could it possibly be something wrong with my hex/esn or anything? I would really like to be able to update the rom to the official Alltel rom but everything I have tried gives me a country id error 120....
I also purchased a new PPC6700 off ebay and here is what I found.

Try taking the battery cover off the phone and look at the inside of the cover for a sticker with a MSL/SPC Code. That is where I found mine. It had been changed from the default ##000000# to another code.

I entered ##newcode# and it worked. Then I was able to change a couple of settings there. Next from the phone pad screen I had to enter ##778# in order to change the SID and NID to make it work on my Alltel plan.

If you need any more specifics just let me know.
This post has been thanked 1 times.