View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 12:53 AM
Trident
The Source of Power

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Omni View Post
Ok first off, thanks to Helmi C, the guys from PPCKitchen.org, Wideawake, and all the regulars around here for the kitchen and this site and it's continuing support of PPC Hacking.

Maybe I am dense/blind, but I don't see any threads that go into what people are and are not including in their personal ROMs.

I have now built and uploaded three ROMs (time consuming) deleting and adding items each time based on what I find when I actually upload and try out the ROM. There has to be a better way, are we allowed to share our projects selection .txt files? If so, how come no one I have seen is doing it, for instance I would love to see luv2chill, or Colonel's default selection.txt file. Seems to me that we could dramatically simplify this process for newbies by simply doing standard project selection.txt files based on combinations of files that work well together.

Maybe something like this:
WM Build 6.1 XXXXX Light Standard for bootloader 2.02(Includes the basic files dialer, theme, task manager, etc.
Please download and paste this file into your projects folder>

WM Build 6.1 XXXXX Medium Standard for bootloader 2.02(Includes the basic files dialer, theme, task manager, Includes xyz programs etc.

WM Build 6.1 XXXXX Heavy Build for bootloader 2.02(Includes the advanced files dialer, theme, task manager, Includes Programs XYZAB&C etc.

And then maybe a thread where users share their own custom Selection.txt files with a a bit of narrative of why they went with that config?

Anyway thanks for listening.

Thanks,
Omni
Not a bad idea. The only problem I have is that I include a personal OEM for my device that wouldn't work (nor would I want to share) with anyone else's device. But I wouldn't have a problem sharing a list of selections where I had just deleted that one OEM file. I don't know if that would work or not- but it is intriguing.