View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 03:39 AM
JBabey
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
slypher....

seriously bro, thank you for that PM, you led me right to the cause of the MSVC BT issue.

Slypher pointed me to the registry entry that was screwing the whole thing up. The funny thing is.... that reg entry is CORRECT in the OEM .rgu registry file... what I did not realize, is that the OS entry for cyberon VC is placed *AFTER* the OEM folders are all built to ROM, so the old cyberon entry was being written into the entry where MSVC needed to be. You see since cyberon is built into the original AKU, the OS builds itself to have its registry entries. The file/folder you delete is the file that captures the cberon VC audio and routes it, since MSVC uses a different route, the DLL cant handle the request and fubars. SOOOOOOO....... in your kitchen....

(and yes ill upload a new MSVC OEM)... delete the \btagext.dll\ folder from \OEM\Serial_BTUR.dll\ (dont worry that file is only used to capture Cyberon VC routes...

once that is deleted, make a copy of vcbthag.dll from the MSVC directory and name it btagext.dll

thats it, now your MSVC dll file named btagext.dll will get written in where the cyberon one was, and will now route audio properly through MSVC!!!!

have fun all you kitchen builders! and enjoy yet another update to this schweeet ROM

and here is the REGISTRY entry you need to modify if you do not wish to REFLASH

Quote:
BT VoiceCommand fix:
Modify this line in your registry (single slashes if modifing directly, as is if importing as .reg file or cooking into a ROM)
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Bluetooth\Au dioGateway]
"BTAGExtModule"="\\windows\\vcbthag.dll"