View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 03:19 AM
DHarvey
VIP Member

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best GPS Primer options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plemen View Post
dharvey - I've read your REV a tutorial post = you mention that you run googlemaps without priming - of course this is possible as googlemaps does not need the gps primed. Are you able to run IGO8 or TomTom without priming?

Your post also mentions that you don't receive calls when GPS is running - I don't have this problem - I receive calls fine when using my GPS app.
The problem I had with not receiving calls or texts was a problem I had before I flashed the Sprint leaked ROM and ran PPST. I haven't experienced the same issue lately but I am not sure the issue is gone for sure so I put that little warning there just in case others experience it.

I have not tried IGO or TomTom. Where can I download the software and maps and how large is the file. Once I have it downloaded I will install it to my phone and check for you whether or not it needs priming.

Also, when I first flashed a GPS enabled ROM Google Maps took over 10 minutes to lock so maybe a "Primer" was needed then but not anymore.

Edit - I retract my previous statement. I just bought TomTom and the US+Canada Maps and tried to start it and no matter what I tried nothing works. I am going to try to find the new GPS tool from the Diamond ROM and see if that helps and I will report back here.

Last edited by DHarvey; 06-22-2008 at 05:40 AM.