View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 03:09 PM
arianhojat
PPCGeeks Regular

arianhojat is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Updated GPS Drivers (Possible Fix For Standby Issues)

I had more success with Ghetto's ROM so Im using that currently, JDs HybridROM was good too but it gave me some stability problems later on, and OMJs was stable and got locks at first but then didnt for many days. I would try those favorates of mine.
Btw GPSViewer 'freezes' when it gets a lock in pretty much all the newer ROMS i tried. So when the 'Time:' value is stuck (seconds value for time isnt changing anymore), I switch tabs to Setup and GPS Status, that is when you get a lock. Man would be nice so that when it gets a lock, it notifies you with sound like GPS Speed Sentry does.

Still havent found the kind of fast locks Sprint users get, and still have certain times where it just doesnt lock at all.
Sometimes i softreset, or turn off and take battery out as some say works, not sure it does, but i try it anyway. i thought maybe Verizon's Windows/EPST.exe was what to Verizon users is to sprint user's PPST. entered password 000000 and Edit, and just closed it. Asked to reset device. And maybe get better locks now? haha i dont even think it has ANYTHING to do with PPST now that i think about it lol. But eh seems like gets good locks occasionally now. sometimes not.

Last edited by arianhojat; 06-21-2008 at 03:20 PM.