View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 09:23 AM
MrGoodtunes
Halfway to VIP Status

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help finding basic launcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindtrip1016 View Post
...I'm just a ppc user.

Me too. This is sort of the blind leading the blind, except that I've alraady successfully gone through something similar to what you're trying to do. My way is to go step by step, get a foot hold, and then refine it. In other words, I'm suggesting that you first set up your Today Screen shortcuts with whatever icons the linked apps might come with. Then, you can point to the icons you ultimately want by using LNK files located next to where their respective apps are located. Some of mine are in the Windows folder, others are in Program Files folder, or software makers' folders within Program Files. But in every case, the app and it's LNK are named similarly. This is just following what Microsoft apparently does. Look in your Windows folder, with contents alphabetically listed by Name. Scroll down to Calendar, for example. Right after 'calendar.exe' you should find 'calendar.lnk' listed next. If this is how things already are, then this is how I want to proceed. You can place the file containing your desired icon where ever. But the link to the executable with Wong's clever extension showing the path to that desired icon, the LNK file, is right next to the app itself in my system. But it can actually go anywhere, because tdLaunch lets you browse for it via the [...] button in tdL's user interface.

Are you trying to put all the icons into one file? While that's okay, I believe you need to have a seperate LNK for each app (together with the app's icon path).

Last edited by MrGoodtunes; 06-14-2008 at 09:28 AM.