View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 01:44 PM
rainfreak
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: switching providers

Quote:
Originally Posted by xero View Post
If you flash a custom Alltel or standard Alltel ROM on the phone, you'll be good, as in, you'll not have to worry about roaming issues and what-not, plus you're data will work properly. You can use it as-is from Sprint, but some things won't work properly, and you will likely have issues with roaming.

What is this $25 fee that is being discussed for phone changes? I work for Alltel, and haven't heard of any fee for this in the stores, I've heard of indirect agents doing this though.
It as an Alltel corporate store and they tried to tell me that it was going to cost $25 for activating my Sprint phone on the Alltel network. I told them to kiss my butt and that I was going to take my phone back to Sprint and renew my contract with them and port my Alltel numbers over to Sprint.

The rep went and talked to the manager and within minutes my phone was setup and working...