View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 08:53 AM
ashortnacy
Lurker

ashortnacy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
IP Issue?

Did some work this week on the Widcomm stack, older DUN and newer PAN. Finally broke down and started hacking this thing from pand on the linux side. It reported the service as 'GN' from the Widcomm stack instead of NAP. I got so far with this and started getting a 'Connection Refused (111)' error. I remembered that I get this sometimes with my VNC connectivity to Winders so I checked into it on the WMobile side and noticed this article:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/foru...c.php?p=422973

For one this guys seems knowledgeable and it seems this may be a simple connectivity issue.

I started thinking I would want some sort of reverse proxy or other facade to protect me from the bad ol' internet because mine is always on. Same holds true for running Bluetooth at the mall, I wouldn't want to get hacked and become victim to one of these local 'virus' outbreaks I've heard about in Asia with these phones. SARS for your PDA is not kewl.

So I'm continuing to look into this IP connectivity issue and the DMZ he talks about with the original stack which does support NAP best I can tell. Seems my headsets didn't work as well with Widcomm and even though I could get the PAN to show up in my Winders XP Bluetooth app it wouldn't connect. Same problem? You would think Microshaft would know better but then who am I kidding?

Another thing is this app IntShrUI.exe Seems that link has moved around in Colonel's and Helmi's builds so running the EXE from the Windows folder works and apparently according to the article above MUST be enabled to support PAN. Well I can start it and it does work for USB but tried to start the dial up #777 connection for PAN and chokes.

Does anyone know anything about the 'firewall' for lack of a better term, on these WMobile PDAa?