Old 06-11-2008, 04:15 PM
unsungboxer
Lurker

unsungboxer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android For The Vogue Is Here!!!

Observation about Data Connection in Bootup Screen:

Ok, I am pretty sure I have no business commenting on the coding, but I noticed something that looks kind of strange. I think it's pretty obvious that the data connection that I am able to use is only residual from the open connection in Windows. It seems that android is not making its own connection despite what I have entered in default.txt

default.txt has a command line for username/password which for Verizon Wireless is:
username=10digitMTN@vzw3g.com
password=vzw

When android is booting, the cmdline shows the ppp username/password. This is visible on the bottom of the tuxscreen. What seemed strange is that it says, "username=10digitMTN@vzw3g.com password==vzw"

There is 2 Equal Signs in the Password. however in my default.txt there is only 1 equal sign. Just to goof around, I removed the equal sign from default.txt and booted linux, now no password appears at all (so I obviously didn't fix anything)

For all I know having 2 "=" is perfectly ok, or has nothing to do w/ anything, but it seemed strange. Anyone know something about this?

Sorry if this is a silly post, but sometimes even the slightest thing can go unnoticed and make a big difference.