Old 06-07-2008, 12:52 PM
smellEdawg
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

smellEdawg is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SRS WOW HD sound for vogue

I am convinced that this can work. Post number 111 on the xda thread linked above shows that this is working with a Sprint Touch, however it does not say what ROM version; also, it plays clearly through my bluetooth but kills the sound everywhere else. Therefore, I think it has something to do with the registry settings that point the sound from the rest of the phone to the proper driver? Just haven't found what that is -- unless it is the Wavedev settings themselves. I too tried changing the order entry but that didn't help. My next step - when I have time - is to try different versions of the SRS software.

Another possible approach, if it is truly working on the almost oem ROM, is to figure out what the differences are. That could be the key to understanding.

I think if enough smart people working on this, we can solve the puzzle. I wish my tech abilities were greater - I just consider myself a power user/hobby guy.

I think the benefits of the software are great enough so that it should be possible to get more people working on a solution that should work for all future Touch/Vogue roms. That's what this thread is about.