View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 01:57 PM
jeffnick
Lurker

jeffnick is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Garmin GPS.......

There is a very simple way to get everything you need to run a Garmin GPS on your 6800...buy the chip w/ bluetooth GPS.
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=139&pID=10901

I love the bluetooth GPS and even found extra Nokia batteries for it on eBay, although it does charge from the same USB cable as the phone. But I couldn't get the chip to recognize the 6800's GPS and I couldn't figure out what all you digit heads were talking about with all the street and time problems, but kept on reading because I figured somewhere in this thread I could find the answer to getting the chip to find the internal GPS. The update to 4.20.50wp did the trick.

If you buy the pair above, there's no problems with files or set up or POI's. Just put in the 2gig chip and it self installs with all the roads and POI's. You can even use the memory that's left on the chip for your own files. The only thing you have to do is set the Garmin to 'Use GPS intermediate driver' instead of Bluetooth.

And I've watched my unit lose sats 4 times now while inside the house w/ no time problems.

Thanks for all the help...what a trip.