View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 01:32 AM
ScrapMaker
VIP Member

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Good vs Bad screens (pictures + videos of both)

All I can say, is I never returned my Touch because of the "bad" screen. I returned it because it kept getting dark spots all over, which I think is related to the "bad" screen properties.

Austin, TX, Slaughter/I-35 -- If you want a good Touch.

The difference is so incredible that I have a feeling that most of you who have "good" screens--don't...

My old LCD had about a 30 degree vertical viewing angle, and maybe a 90 degree horizontal viewing angle... The new one is honest-to-god, 180 degrees both ways. Very similar to my plasma TV... perfect.

That being said, I would probably spend $100 on gas to find a good screen... I couldn't even use Sprint TV on my four "bad-screened" Touchs... one eye got the negative image, and the other got the proper image... I would get a headache in a matter of seconds... just terrible... Now it's amazing.

Oh, and if anyone needs any clarification on sunlight readibility... on the 3rd tick mark for brightness (pretty dim,) I can read it 90% of the time in direct sunlight... when I move it to full brightness, it's 100% viewable, and looks sharp doing so... I never use that setting because it's a battery-hog... the third or fourth tick mark is perfect...
I wish HTC had picked a better source for those original screens... I am going to take care of this baby... think I'll put the strap on it

Last edited by ScrapMaker; 06-03-2008 at 01:35 AM.