View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 04:39 PM
FastRX8
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: scammer on craigslist

He's not selling the rom. He's selling a service just like gmfeny pointed out.
Here's a clearer analogy. My friend just bought a Pontiac G8. He took it to a tune shop.
They didn't add any equipment.
They tweaked the ECU on the car, and now he's got about a 30hp gain on his car.

I'm sure you guys can think of someone you know, that could read the best instructions in the world for flashing a new rom, but would never try it, or have any idea where to began even w/ the best direction you can give them.
I supervised an IT Help Desk for a while. There are tons of people that should pay someone to do roms instead of trying it on their own.
For example, anyone spending money on popup blocker software, or spyware remover software, those are perfect candidates for this guy. Anyone who pay's AOL for internet, or buys Norton Anti-Virus. All candidates for someone to do roms for them.

Some people have more money than sense, and, in some cases their time is worth more than trying to figure this stuff out.

I know how to mow a lawn and pull weeds, but in the time it takes me to do it, I make enough money to hire 10 gardeners, so I choose to pay someone to do it.
Same goes for the person that painted my house, and washes my car.
I could do it, but I'd rather pay someone to do it.

Think of how many people have paid to have their PC's ram upgraded. They pay for the memory, and they PAY for installation.
If you've ever installed ram, you know what a joke that is, but people that don't know, pay.
This post has been thanked 1 times.