View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 09:18 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: heat + power drain in wifi adhoc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
it's the excessive battery drain and charging, I get this often while using slingbox to stream video with it plugged in (without wifi even on), and the device simply gets too hot.... the solutions mentioned are good and maybe even just aim a fan at it and/or take off the battery cover....

also, prop it up so that the bottom of the phone is not touching a surface, especially fabric or something, as this will be very insulating....

I wouldn't worry about it exploding. The battery contains a circuit that will kill the battery if it gets into that temperature range. The phone will probably shut off before that happens anyways...

Note however, that heat especially while charging will reduce the life of the battery. While a couple of times is probably not a big deal, if you are overheating it daily, you'll probably significantly reduce the length of time your battery will last.....

Yeh opening up the keyboard just wans't enough...I'm already on the part of aiming a fan at it and thought about opening the cover but decided not too cause the location fo the fan may make battery fall out fairly easy.

I'm guessing then our cellphones aren't like laptops that don't need battery while plugged in ha? I wonder with all the mogul covers they got, do they have one with fans? lol

and yeh it is overheating daily which is why I am worried ..it didn't do so in the winter..but toward spring it got more and more prone to do so.
________
Asian Kissing

Last edited by gTen; 04-14-2011 at 01:50 PM.