PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mwfielder is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon XV6900 No Signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
Call tech support from another phone and ask for an akey. Tell them you are getting a cannot authenticate error after a hard reset as this is a documented problem on xv6800's and xv6900's. Even if voice is working it is not properly communicating with verizon's towers (tech support can see a communciation error at the network switch) if you are getting the 30 minutes searching after a soft reset or *228. I went thorough 3 xv6800's before data tech support and myself figured this out. Tech support number from landline is 800-922-0204 option 3. If you change the radio to another version you will have to do this again. This seems to only happen on native vzw 6800's and 6900's running a 3x radio and does not happen on other carrier's titan and vogues converted to vzw and running the same exact software and radio version. After you get the akey it should be fine and the radio will survive a soft reset with signal unless you flash another radio to it.
Thanks for the info----how do they give me an akey, and where do I enter it? Is it under the ##778 settings?