View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 03:00 AM
aughsum
Regular 'Geeker

aughsum is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The Last Straw...

Well I'd like to say its been a good run but it hasn't. I love the mogul, or, at least, everything it could be, but I'm done with it. I'll give you a brief description why and then ill get to my question.

About three months ago everything was fine. the 3.16 rom had just leaked, I finally had gps and life was good; a couple weeks into running the 3.16 rom my text messages started arriving late. Sometimes theyd be on time, sometimes theyd be anywhere from five minutes to two hours late. I flashed back to a standard rom, still experienced the problem, called sprint and basically just got a "well that sucks" out of them. Since then I've tried everything, every rom, official and not, countless calls to tech support, etc, and the problem just seems to be progressively getting worse. Theres no third party software on my phone, its absolute stock.

Sprint wont give me a new mogul, despite the fact they concluded its some kind of hardware problem/defect with my phone. I was in the thumb of Michigan for the past week and while I was roaming my texts worked flawlessly, now that I'm back in EVDO the problem is back.

Its my own fault for not switching to my razr for the inevitable post-bar saturday night text messages this girl was bound to send me but anyways yeah, received a text, replied, got her two replies 30 minutes after she sent them and by the time i got her replies and called her she was asleep.. wouldnt be a big deal but im basically in love with the girl and she really only realizes shes into me while shes drunk. So I'm absolutely livid right now.

My question. The Blackberry Cure 8830. Im on the employee f&f advantage 500, unlimited powervision etc. I can get it and use all the basic functions (internet, push email, mms, sms, gps, etc..) without the blackberry data plan right? if that thing is even around still. ive always been under the assumption it was only for blackberry messaging. Just want to make sure i wont be billed extra for anything.

Hopefully someone can answer this for me soon, ill probably be ordering one tomorrow morning, or maybe a treo, to hold me over until the raphael.
RAZR2 - secondary
_______
HTC Mogul
HTC Apache
a900 -secondary
Motorola i870
Morotola i830
REM Blackberry 6200
REM Blackberry 7100
Motorola i860
Motorola i830
Motorola i730