View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 04:31 PM
gguruusa
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

Quote:
Originally Posted by roopull View Post
Anyhoo, one thing that keeps pestering me is that unless there's a webpage associated with an app, there's very little to go on to actually know what it is. The Microsoft & HTC selections simply give you a link to their corporate websites, which sometimes are rather useless. I've found out what many of them do by using Google or Yahoo's search, but there are still a few I'm rather lost on.
There's already a spot to type extended descritpions, just a lack of people to do the typing. You might try View/Get OEM snapshots too. There's a shortage of people taking snapshots to include too.

Quote:
Another little bugger is that I don't see where I can tell how big an app is. When you're trying to squeeze as much into your rom as possible, it seems like that bit of info would be nice to have.
Tools/Calc Rom Size. You'll see uncompressed size, so it'll be about 25% bigger on average than it's eventually compressed size that's packed into the rom.[/QUOTE]