Thread: Ultimate Launch
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 09:48 PM
eehrhard
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ultimate Launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jc_BlackDragon View Post
Hey Man i bought ultimate lauch already but i dont know how to install the icons on it. you think u can walk me through it plz. thx i'll appreciate it
  1. Go to UL config
  2. Select the tab you want from the tabs screen or create a new one. (make sure its a Shortcuts & Systemstate or a combination tab)
  3. on the Items screen from the tab select NEW
  4. Choose one of the 5 choices (XP-Icon, With Text, Program Icon, With Text or Text) They should be self explanatory. Select XP-Icon for this example.
  5. On command tab choose program you are looking to link to either by choosing Browse *.exe or *.lnk. (you could link to a document or pdf or other file by choosing *.*) If you are using a .lnk most of your links are in /windows/start menu/Programs/ if you are using an exe it will be where ever you installed it to but generally /program files/***program folder***
  6. Once you have the link to the program you can add a parameter i.e. if you are linking to Internet Exploder you could put the page you want to pop up when you open it as the parameter.
  7. Now click the XP-Icon Tab
  8. Click the Browse Button and locate the icon that you wish to use for the xp icons they must be .ico files and they must have been created in the sizes you wish to use i.e. 32x32 or 24x24 etc.
  9. That just about does it click ok and you should have created a shortcut. There are other features you can play with like selecting a different icon for when you select it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavidsmith View Post
I enjoy parts of UL but its still insanely buggy to me. It still locks up a lot when embedding other plugins. Anybody find away around that issue yet?
Basically just make sure that you have what ever today screen plugin fully configured before you open it in UL. Also make sure that you have the ini file for UL backed up so if you do FUBAR it you can restore it without starting completely over. I have not had a problem since the very first week I started using it several months ago. A safe mode program is also a nice to have.
This post has been thanked 2 times.