View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 04:03 PM
konceptz
PPCGeeks Regular

konceptz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Well, I don't really see it as that - I could care less about the specific builds, but each of these guys has made good headway resolving some of the outstanding issues with 3.5, and those are very important to document, capture, and roll up into the One Kitchen To Rule Them All.

In my mind, right now the custom builds are a distraction when people call for this or that feature, but at the same time all those users are good drivers to spur people on to fix all the nits that could just be worked around/ignored if you were making a rom for yourself.
Yes!

Quote:
It's pretty simple and Im not real sure why people are getting upset.

First off everyone that Ive seen fully appreciates what has happened here so why everyone is crying about not being appreciated is really absurd.

At one point in time we needed Custom built ROMs but that time is past. What we need is OEM's for the Kitchen but instead all we get is the ego inflating ROM builders that want "public appreciation" more than the personol appreciation that they currently get. If thats what you want fine but you need to get over YOURSELF first.

If you don't want to contribute thats fine but why the need to cry about it publically? Ego trumps common sense once again Smile
No!

Schettj hit the nail on the head. I feel that public testing of custom roms is the only way to be sure there aren't bugs/errors.

While it would seem to be common sense not to load up every program at the same time and expect good results, some people, be they newbs, noobs or just silly..., will still do these things.

This will lead us to in the right direction by finding bugs.

Verizonguy:
I would never release my custom rom just because of your burnout situation. Sure the 1st, 2nd and 3rd post are all GJ!s. But afterwhich you get all kinds of "Help me, I installed your ROM and my girlfriend won't have sex with me anymore... Fix please!!!"

Despiser:
If someone who has written/helped/fixed tons of problems for me and others wants to cry to the community, I'm happy to lend a shoulder. We are a community for a reason.

Anyways come on back soon Verizonguy!