View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 11:07 AM
ScrapMaker
VIP Member

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: pocketcm users that upgraded to wm 6.1 are you still using...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManuTouch View Post
I had this problem before when I switched the sound to something I had downloaded and placed into the proper folder. The new notification sound worked for a few times, but then would quit all of a sudden. A soft reset would bring it back, but also just for a few times. I switched back to the default sound and it's been fine ever since...not sure what's up with that!
The problem was most likely that you were using an MP3 for your notification sound. There is a thread lurking around with someone, including myself, experiencing this problem.

Convert/create the sound as a WAV file, (low-bitrate,) and you will be fine.

I still have problems with lag during notifcation playback:

E.G. I get a text, but my notification skips/stutters, and takes sometimes 10 seconds to play a 1-second file. The phone vibrates the entire time, because I told it to vibrate when I get an alert.

Yet another problem with the Vogue, yippee!

Back on track though, I might start using PocketCM 0.22 on WM6.1, simply because poutlook still sucks for scrolling through contacts. Writing SMS messages is fine, and threaded SMS works great, but the actual contact list could be better. If PocketCM is too obtrusive, I'll see if I like "Finger Friendly." It lets you send your GPS coordinates, as well as a link to a map to show where you are via SMS. Pretty cool stuff.