View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 11:19 AM
Wideawake
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Re: Titan Android and Linux WIP (warning high res photos)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Ward View Post
It has been done before (I did it with the 6700, following another's guide). I'd love to see a decent guide if this is more stable than past Linux overlays. Keep it up!
Yeah I had linux booted on my 6700 awhile back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx View Post
I'm following this project closely...would be very cool to get Linux on this device...

But if and when it is complete...will it still make phone calls?
I'm not sure there is any software that will do that under Linux...
Is it just a matter of a driver and using it like a standard voice modem?
Unfortunately you will not be able to make calls unless someone is to come up with the RIL library for our phone or any others for nix as DZO has stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Yeah its cool to see that there is someone else working on this... but I haven't gotten any further and I gave up on it. There just isn't enough RAM on the Mogul to load anything after the kernel.
I think we can get enough RAM with the new "official" ROM release tweaked. I mean I think its something hanging in the kernel thats not letting it load any further than I can get it. But as the other post says Im no Linux expert and still consider myself a b00n in this area.
~Mike