View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 12:51 AM
TurboFool
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: So will the HTC Raphael be the ultimate PPC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalnel View Post
I think it looks great, although I've seen two things in various reports that make me wonder. One, the memory is only 256/125 which seems ridiculously small, especially when consumer phones are turning up with gigabyte storage.

Also, the battery seemed underpowered -- I think I read 900 mAh or something. I'd need about 10 of those to make it through the day with my Apache, so I'm hoping either HTC has come up with an incredible battery friendly technology or the specs I read were wrong.
256MB ROM/192MB RAM. RAM seems quite reasonable to me, and ROM is plenty. That's really only used for installing programs, and I think it's quite rare that anyone goes over that large amount. The microSD slot makes up for the rest, as it gives you unlimited memory, and it's where you'd want to store your music and videos anyway, since the ROM gets flashed every time you hard reset or update your firmware.

As for the battery, I expect similar performance as the stock Mogul battery. Although it's smaller, the new chipset is likely to consume less power, so it'll balance out. That said, the Mogul's battery life was awful for me, so I'll need an extended battery.