View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Raging Idiot
Halfway to VIP Status

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The truth is, nobody knows the truth. Personally, I've alternated back and forth between Saridnour and Colonel.

Just because one might have a higher version number doesn't necessarily mean one is newer/better/faster than the other. Much like you or I could create a version 3.6 or 99.99. Meaningless, other than to the designer for their personal version control sequence.

I generally install the one that seems to be getting the fastest issue resolution turnaround and the most frequently updated description of their latest ROM. This might just mean that the other person is busy working on bigger/better things and didn't have as many bugs to start with, BUT - I'm less comfortable making that assumption.

Now, with all that out of the way- my ultimate decision has been to just pick and choose one and if there is a problem of any kind then I just try a different ROM. If you don't have several registered programs (like TomTom-which is a pain in the ass to keep fully configuring) then switching out ROMs is relatively quick and easy. So pick one, and it'll likely be updated again within 2 days - then read about it and possibly do it again.

<Warning: Very addictive - just one pop and you can't stop>
When you were in diapers and wetting the sheets I was out hacking with the ppcgeeks.