View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 09:05 PM
mswlogo
VIP Member

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue GPS 3.02 Kitchen (w/ NEW Sprint Leaked ROM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortez View Post
for those interested to know, starting with a Coke 2.31 SPL and a very early version of a cooked WM6.1 ROM:

1. i flashed the test rom to my device,
2. let the customizations run,
3. rebooted,
4. copied the dll from VIRSER_GPS.zip to the Windows folder,
5. rebooted
6. launched Garmin Mobile XT and in less than 2 minutes I had locks on 7 sattelites from inside my home.

it didn't matter if i was using the GPS Intermediate Driver or COM 4; each time i'm able to get 7-9 sat locks. i will test more tomorrow, but for now, i'm sticking with the stock test rom. hopefully this will suffice until the official version is released (or i encounter bugs/issues as mentioned in the first post).
I did the same but tried with out the VIRSER_GPS.DLL first and it works fine without it.

Took a couple minutes on first lock. Not sure if assist is working yet which was definitely working on Altel ROM, new GPS DLL's and Registry tweaks. I'm roaming at the moment and not sure if that effects assist.