View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 11:41 AM
ImCoKeMaN
Retired Staff

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
LOW LEVEL Radio version info gathering thread (mtty needed)

Hopefully if you're reading this thread you've already seen my sticky about the dangers of different radio flash combinations. To make more refinements to that thread and maybe pin down the exact issues i'd like to gather some info.

First the ground rules:
This thread is ONLY for posting the steps and versions found as described below. I reserve the right to delete erroneous posts, its nothing personal, but i will have to weed through this thread for the info that is being requested.

You already need to know how to use MTTY (You can find mtty Here) and you need to have an MFG bootloader (2.01 stuck from alltel or the 2.31 coke unlocker are perfect)

This is not a thread for "Help me get GPS" or "which radio is better" this is a low level knowledge gathering thread.

Now the steps:

1) List your carrier

2) make notes of all the flashes you did that included a radio and list them in sequence with file name details and by the method you used (SD card/RUU)
(I don't recommend titan radios, but if you ever flashed one PLEASE post your info here!!!!1!!one!)

2) enter bootloader, connect with MTTY and paste the results from "info 2" and
"info 7"

3) enter "rtask a" this will get you into the radio bootloader, you're commands will not be echoed back right away anymore, this is normal.

4) enter the following commands and paste the results in the thread:
echo_on
rversion
rblinfo

5) Let the device start to boot into windows by resetting it and list all the version numbers in red letters there as it boots. Especially the line that has a lot of AAs in it.

6) post the results in this thread, after enough are posted i hope to come up with a much more precise answer as to what incompatibilities exist.

Last edited by ImCoKeMaN; 05-16-2008 at 09:56 PM. Reason: added an important step 5
This post has been thanked 3 times.