View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 12:55 PM
ImTinkerbell
Lurker
Threadstarter

ImTinkerbell is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Continually connecting to neighbor's WIFI - NooB here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambatte View Post
Sorry nothing worked for you but other than that advise, I don't know what else to tell you. Just a primer on loading software in the Windows Mobile environment. First make sure it is compatible with the operating system you are using. Then, if it is a .CAB file, you can run this natively on the PPC. Either download to PPC directly, download to PC and put the file on miniSD card with a card reader, or download to PC and transfer with Activesync (USB or Bluetooth). Then just tap the file and it will install. It will give you a choice to install to SD or device. Usually, if you have enough memory, the programs run best when installed to device memory. If it is an .EXE or MSI file, you have to run the file on the PC and install the program with Activesync to the PPC.

To access your router, type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar of Internet Explorer. You should access your router setup webpage. For Linksys stuff, unless you changed the default user name/password, the username is blank and the password is admin. You should be able to find where your mode is set to and change it if you want. Good Luck and don't hesitate to post back. I help my Dad all the time on this stuff.
Thank you again... this information is very helpful to me and I will give it a go. Doesn't seem quite so intimidating when you have something written in front of you to try. =D>