delosky
Lurker

delosky is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6.1 Battery Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by saqer View Post
yeah i think this is the big battery drain people are experiencing. I also found that simply pressing the 'end' button on the today screen will close the connection too.

After doing that AS trick I still notice it opens randomly. Any ideas why?
Could this be the issue? I've been experiencing horrible battery drains as well. With WM5 and even with 6.0, my battery would last at least late into the evening with moderate use but now, my battery doesn't even last past 6:00pm with hardly any use at all.

Disabling ActiveSync is a no-no for me since I need to check my emails regularly (currently every 10 minutes) and EVDO is widely available in Atlanta so I'd rather not disable it since I do enjoy my web surfing!

After reading this latest post though, I did notice that the Data Connection icon does stay on and instead of the Antennae icon above the signal bars, the left and right data arrows remain, whether I'm synching emails, connecting to the web or not.

Is there a registry tweak to change this? I'd rather not go through the build process again unless absolutely necessary.