View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 11:50 PM
mtwow789
Lurker

mtwow789 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
When GPS is working, no incoming calls/no data

I have some issues with GPS and calling.

First of all, I have 3.35 Radio, and Ghetto's rom.
I also have installed the GPS Kickstart cab, which has new GPS driver.
Currently GPS works fantastically. Today I had 2 hour trip, and GPS worked really nice.

However there were indeed some problems that some people have also.

The incoming call didnt work when I primed with GPS Viewer right after soft resetting.
Also most annoyingly, when I just primed the GPS without starting the data connection, data will not connect.

This became annoying as I use Google Map often. If I forget to establish data connection and started GPS Viewer then Google Map won't connect. As matter of fact, the phone says its dailing 777 but it will never connect. Thus I cannot use Google Map.

The workaround was to stop and exit all GPS programs and reset radio via going to Airplane mode and comback out.

And then, I have to first start Google map and establish connection THEN start GPS Viewer. Then I won't have trouble of no data connection nor not receiving incoming call.

Also I have found out that when the GPS viewer has locked (showing blue) and I press the power button, the GPS dies. I think it happens if I press power button and wait for more than 1 min.

I can say that GPS has died by GPS Viewer not showing any message and Google Map failing to initialize the GPS.

The only solution after this situation I found was to soft reset.

Anyways I wanted to know if anybody has same issues as mine, and may be someone can help me.

Thanks