dhyte
Lurker
Threadstarter

dhyte is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any former Touch users?

Thanks for all of the great info.

Sorry to post on a subject that has clearly been discussed/argued alot.

Even with all of the info I am waffling back and forth.

I used to have a XV-6600. It was a better PDA than it was a phone. I used to reset occasionally trying to use the phone, or it would just reset on its own when the phone rang...
I was missing calls that were very important me, so I switched to a BB 8830. A year later, I need to go back to the Windows OS because I prefer it.

I never used the slide out keyboard on my 6600. Maybe a larger keyboard would help (is the 6800 landscape keyboard got bigger keys than the 6600?)

My 6600 was bulky, but not a big deal. I would prefer smaller if possible.

I would like to use the new phone with one hand.

Not too concerned about WiFi, due to EVDO.

Low memory on the 6800 is a concern to me (triggering problems), but some of the comments about the after market memory managers helping in this regard offset this concern?

GPS is a big deal to me. I see that it is being worked out on the Touch, and I'm guess an official version of the update will show up pretty soon (the official version for the Mogul came out within a week or two of the "hacked" version ??).

My daughter briefly had a Touch, and within 3 weeks it had the blemish on the screen that others have reported.

Both phones look pretty great to me. I can't help but think this may be OBE, and the Diamond or Raphael will be my next phone (but I don't want to wait !!)