View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 03:22 AM
SBR_L3GION
Livin' Dangerously

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION
Re: Any former Touch users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyjeans View Post
I have a Mogul and have only played with the Touch.

To be honest, I like the Touch's form factor (though the Mogul is no way near as bulky as some people make it out to be), and I like the memory it has.

This weekend, I installed Resco Keyboard, Touchpal, and PCM Keyboard, since I like to type one handed when typing in URLS and quick text. (I use the slide out for longer texts and word docs). I mention this because I tried them all with the screen rotated to see if they could be used on the Touch.

Yep, lol. I could type just fine with Resco Keyboard with the "I"-Whatever" skin. In fact, the keyboard size kinda reminds me of my Palm Treo. Maybe that's why I could type fast with it. (The Mogul's keyboard is noticeably larger and while it fits comfortably in my hands, it was tough to get used to at first).

I type the above just to say this: I do alot of Gaming (just installed Madden NFL a few minutes ago, lol), I cannot game with the Touch. That's the deal breaker with me.

The lack of buttons on the Touch rules it our for a future purchase. I was considering it for the memory, because coming from a Palm device, this memory management thing is stupid.

With that said, if you don't do gaming, than try the Touch with either Resco Keyboard with the I-Skin (or whatever the name, the skins included, lol), or even PCM Keyboard. You'll be fine with that set up. WiFi is cool, but not necessary because you presumably will have Rev.A . The only time WiFi is really useful IMO is if you're in a foreign country and decide to use Skype, or if you have real ****ty Sprint signal, and want to go online.

If you do enjoy gaming, I just want to be clear that the Mogul is just fine for the most part. As long as you close out all other apps, you'll be just fine. The one drawback I can think of is that some, and I mean some games require more memory than the Mogul actually has, lol!

Like Atlantis Redux. It needs 20MB free just to run. I boot at around 23-24. I will install this later, but I'm not sure if the gameplay will be very responsive, we'll see.

Another is Egyptian Prophecy - The Fate of Ramses. It needs 22MB free to run.

But in any case, those games, and the others like them are the minority (RPG games mostly). Madden NFL 2006 runs just fine, lol!

I should also note that I love my Mogul, just not the memory problems. (While I love the Touch form factor, I think the Mogul actually looks better and more professional)

I will also note that there are exceptions to gameplaying with the Touch. What I mean is, games like TomeRaider have on screen buttons. I think the Pocket NES Emulator can have on screen buttons too, but don't quote me on that, lol I like SNES and Genesis.

Midnight ramble over, lol!

~Journey
hey man i dont know if yoyu want wm 6.1 but no2chems latest has excellent memory management and sounds like it would be perfect for your gaming i have the mogul and have been playing with this rom ever since it came out and i suspect soon it will be in the kitchen. hopefully my touch will come in tomorrow and i will do what i can to load it up and see what its all about so i can give a more even analysis.i have had the mogul for 8 months so it will be kinda hard just using it as guinea pig. i can already for see me picking up the wrong phone and not realizing it till i get in the car.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
This post has been thanked 1 times.