View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Nickles
Halfway to VIP Status

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: new rom (vz) problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by brh2929 View Post
This was fantastic advice. I really appreciate it. The chat room got me all squared away and I'm up and running nicely with DCD's latest ROM. My GPS is working fantastic on Live Search with the Holux GPS viewer. I was running 90mph between San Antonio and Houston yesterday and it was clicking along with me (updating @ every 2 sec). I've tried Googlemaps but it isn't as good imho comapared to Live Search. I couldn't get the turn by turn directions on the bottom of the map (like Live Search offers). I like that feature. Navizon is another I've tried. Similar to GoogleMaps. I would LOVE to get the voice notification (for directions). Is there a way? Also, I think I read about a way to incorporate voice command for the dialer? Is that right or was that another phone?
glad it helped.. bookmark this page and when you hit 50 post count, come on back and click the thanks button..... (kidding, you dont have to.. )

Garmin XT offers voice notification, but NOT voice street names.. it will just say, 'Turn right', 'Turn Left' etc..
iGuidance, offers voice notification AND street names !! ('in 100 feet, turn right onto PPCGEEKS Drive') it's awesome, and is what i currently use. (check the GPS Titan Faq sticky in the main HTC Titan forum)
Glad the Holux viewer is working out.. that what i use as well. it never fails me.
I also prefer MS Live Search over Google..