View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 10:45 PM
mindfrost82
Retired Staff

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: GPS & standby mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_jaguar View Post
Cross post from another thread -->
A potential solution to the standby problem would be to use S2U2 and ensure that the phone never goes to standby, instead turns off the screen. Yes, this will have an impact on the battery life, but I don't think it will be much.
I used to use S2U2 on pre GPS roms, and it used to do a pretty good job. As an added benefit, this solved my phone not waking up, etc issues.
I've been using S2U2, and even telling it not to suspend power doesn't seem to help the problem. I thought it would too, but it hasn't seemed to help me at all.

I hope mardukeme will post his drivers and give us some information on where he got them from. I've been a guinea pig throughout this whole process (I was the 2nd one to flash the Titan Radio after JD), so I will more than happy to test these drivers as well.