View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 09:23 PM
gguruusa
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigAnt View Post
THANX PEOPLE! I took a few things out, put it back into bootloader mode, and redid it. Now, it loads up at the Spash Boot screen and even draws a signal (indicated by the signal light...which wasn't present before) and it makes a chime sound (like it's loading) and the screen goes blank. However I am able to turn the power on/off (the phone lights dim)...I just can't use any feature on the phone at all (blank screen with no response). Anyway...to make a long story short....because I needed my phone 2nite...I put it back in bootloader mode and ended up installing WM5 back onto it (from the UTstarcom website).

(get ready)
So even though I believe that there are no stupid questions...I might prove myself wrong by asking this...

To operate and install this kitchen software, should I have installed some early form of WM6 or some other ROM software? If so...are there any suggestions as to something that I should do 1st before trying this again?
Sounds like you have a 2.04/2.05 bootloader. Remove a lot more, and you should be able to boot. 2.04/2.05 phones do not have as much ROM space as the other versions, and this is not properly accounted for in the kitchen device configuration. Now that I think about it, v1.00 has the most ROM flash space, 1.02/1.04/2.02 have a little less, and 2.04/2.05 have less still. The kitchen is configured for v1.00 ROM flash size. That's why many of you have issues when you are "close" to max size - you're actually over for your particular boot loader.

FYI - v1.00 in bootloader mode doesn't support Vista, so unless you have XP I don't recommend it.