View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 08:18 PM
eehrhard
Almost a VIP

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ultimate Launcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by datapusher View Post
I'll post when I get back from work tonight.

Just so you know, I'm not using icon files persay. I wrote a script that basically makes a shortcut of all my applications in my windows and program files directorys, then it copies it to a links folder under UL. then it organizes them by category and seperates themn to different pages and then copies over a premade pref file.

I then have a ready made UL that is fully configured how I like it for my first boot.

So all these icons I refer to are actually just lnk files.

Does that make sense?
I understand. So you arent using any .icos I am not sure if you can control the size of the built in icons for the links like you can with icos. I kind of went the opposite route than you and replaced all of my lnk links with XP icon links even if i was keeping the programs original icon just so I could control the icon and change it a bit if i so desired like turning it to greyscale for instance. I guess my way is probably more work

Something still doesn't make sense to me though about your not being able to display 6 icons. I was just checking may system tools tab and I have 6 icons showing on each line. The settings are as follows:
On the display tab I have the individual iconsize checked. Normal 32, Pushed 32, Margins 2,2. I think that is default. I was originally thinking I had them sized at 24 but when I did that I ended up with 8 on a single line go figure.