labens
Lurker

labens is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Wifi Card...Anyone try it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
Sounds almost too good to be true. I would be willing to bet it wouldn't work since the Vogue is most likely lacking those drivers just like all of the rest of them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
and by far one of the most interesting things ive seen via microsd cards is this

http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-Spectec-SDV-8...2em118Q2el1247

apparently u can connect it to almost any video source, which sounds terrific
I picked one of these up off ebay used a few months ago just to see how it worked. I tried it on a PPC6700 and it worked well once I figured it out. The key software is a 3rd party virtual screen driver that sets the PPC's screen resolution to a scrollable 1024x768 or what ever you have the external display set at. Quite cool. You can even use the scrolling display driver stand alone without the adapter to view big things on your PDA like remote desktops.

The only drawback to this device is that anything that writes directly to the screen, i.e. VIDEO playback, can not be redirected. So, while you can do slide shows or surf the net on a TV or LCD, you can't watch a movie. if it had been able to do that, it would have been truly awsome. Still, coupled with a bluetooth keyboard, you can have a portable e-mail or slideshow device. Ultimately, I decided to just get a UMPC (Sony VAIO UX-280P) to carry around when I need more. So the SDV-842 just sits in a drawer unused.